Friday, July 30, 2010

How great are girlfriends?!!



Where would I be today without my girlfriends?? They are truly gifts from God. Each one adds something special to my life.

My one friend, Nicole, also happens to be my next door neighbor. We hit it off the minute we met. She is the kind of girl that you can count on day or night. She will tell you the truth even when you don't want to hear it and that is rare! She has always been super supportive of our adoption and very interested in getting involved in helping the lost and lonely. She is my go to girl when I get a "fat idea" (as we call it~ and I get lots) she usually knows if I'm talking crazy or if it sounds like something I may be able to pull off. Well I can easily say she is one of my dearest friends and she has decided (to my total delight) to go to Africa with me for our second trip!!! Not all moms of three would leave their own families behind to travel across the world with their friend so she can live out her dream and pick up her daughter (and not go all alone!) It is a true blessing being friends with Nicole and although she would probably roll her eyes at me for getting all mushy, I am blessed.

No comments: