Thursday, January 13, 2011

Any Advice?

We need advice on where to stay for our first trip... Any ideas? Help! We are on cloud nine!!!

7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

We stayed at Yebsabi on both our first and second trip and loved it! http://www.yebsabi.com/index.php Congrats on your court date, I'm so excited for your family!
-Renae

Brenda said...

I second the recommendation for Yebsabi!!!!!

Brenda

annapolsgrove said...

we are staying at BeJoe! Don't know a lot about it but have heard great things! We will probably still be there when you are there as well :)

Tracy said...

We stayed at BJoe's for our first trip, and Yebsabi for our second trip. I liked them both for different reasons. BJoe's was great because of Genet and her wonderful staff. The food was yummy, too. The rooms at Yebsabi are nicer and more modern, but you won't get to know the Ethiopian staff as well. The food at Yebsabi is also good. BJoe's has a guest house feel, and Yebsabi has more of a hotel-like feel.

If I had to do it again, I'd do it the same way. BJoe's for the first trip without kids. Yebsabi on the second trip once we took placement. It was just the right thing for our family.

Both BJoe's and Yebsabi are centrally located, but BJoe's is close enough to walk to some restaurants/shopping/coffee shop areas, which the staff can direct you to.

Congrats on your upcoming travels!

Jen said...

Congratulations! One thing that I wish we had found was a silk shop. Apparantly it is beautiful. We bought several little gifts to give Bella for special occassons. I would do small small gifts (silver key chain-for her 16th, wooden puzzel - gave it to her for her first year home with us. the puzzel is beauitful and her favorite, scarf, messenger bag, bracelet, etc)

Len and Michelle said...

Check out the Ethiopia Guest Home. They do some wonderful work in country. Here we are traveling for our court date Feb 21. Blessings to you and your growing family!

http://thelabonarfamily.blogsot.com

Anonymous said...

Check out the Yeka Guest House. We stayed there last June and LOVED it. The owner and rest of the staff were super helpful. They cooked for us whenever we were there to eat (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner)-- it was all great and we paid very little and never were sick. They also had bottled water for all the guests. They also had a nice yard to walk in and a generator for when the power went out (frequently). The only thing I would advise is for you to get one of the "suite" rooms with a small kitchen, living and bedrooms...it's too long to stay in just the bedroom one. It's online and the owner responds to email (they also have free internet access).