Thursday, May 26, 2011

No news AGAIN and my friend Lady Gaga...

Alright, so the saying usually goes... no news is good news - right?? Well, not in this case. No news for us is bad news. We have been waiting almost 10 months for our baby girl to come home. We have watched her grow from an infant to a one year old. We got to meet her and love her then leave her. When do we get to go back? We have no idea. It could be soon, it could be in a year from now. Would we do things differently if we would have known this was going to take so long? YES and NO. Yes because I sit here watching all the people around me or in "blog land" move on with their children and lives. Many had really positive adoption experiences that they blog about daily. It's tough because we have not had the greatest experience. But I can't say I would change anything because it brought us to Vivienne. I don't know why we seem to be so unlucky trying to get her home... it seems to be the trend for us. Nevertheless here we are waiting... She will be walking and talking (hopefully not driving) by the time we get to go pick her up.

On a side note...
Last night I had a dream about my baby girl. We were playing and having a blast together. The weird part of my dream was that Lady Gaga was in it too. She ended up becoming a great friend. I remember she had crazy makeup and fake nails... Charlie and I dream about Vivienne all the time so that is normal for us but I'm not real sure where Lady Gaga fits in...

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hello,
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. We had court in 3/17 in ET and officially passed court when we got the MOWA letter 4/12. Are you still waiting for your MOWA letter or to be submitted to the Embassy? We are still waiting to be submitted to the Embassy.
We are just waiting for document for our daughter that needs to come from the Bahir Dar Police Dept. The police dept. was at a conference, hence the hold up with the letter we were told. We hope to have the letter by next week though. I am not sure if that helped at all, but I hope it did a little.