Monday, August 29, 2011
Advice needed
So my little sweet pea is having a hard time going to bed. For the last two nights she will fall asleep in my arms and when I go to put her in her crib she wakes up and wants to play. She will then stay up for another hour or two wanting to chat and play. HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
My little girl had the same trouble when we came home in June. It is so hard not to want to rock them to sleep, but I had to teach her to fall asleep in her crib. I would sit on the floor beside the crib and hold her hands through the bars and try to comfort her that way. Soon I just needed to be sitting in her room with her. Now I can lay her down and once she gets settled, I can leave the room and she falls asleep on her own. It will all work out.
It may sound crazy, but start your bedtime routine about thirty minutes earlier.
Just rock her to sleep, and let her sleep with you. Who cares. She will not do it forever. One day she will not want to have anything to do with you, like when she is 13, and you will always know you did what you could to make her feel bonded and secure.
Post a Comment